Monday 20 August 2007

I dont do gardening!

All my life ive dreamed of living in a little cottage, white picket fence, mature garden. You know the kind where you can have fresh flowers everyday by going out and picking your own. Popping on some gardening gloves a little apron and grabbing a basket to go fetch fresh vegetables for tea, peas i would pop from the pods myself, carrots i have dug up and washed the dirt off myself, you get the picture! :) *dream*

Unfortunately i soon realised im just not a garden person, i hate the fact the weeds come back through with a vengence as soon as ive finished, I hate the fact it always seems to rain and things get put off until later = more weeds! I wouldnt mind if we lived somewhere hot where we could have orange and lemon trees, beautiful blossoming trees that REALLY flower without being windswept and bedraggled and never really get a chance to shine! NO, sadly im just not a garden person - give me a lawn where the kids can play and some tubs of flowers and im happy! I have bought an olive tree for the garden but sadly due to weather resembling the North Pole its on its way out already - see, why do i bother!! LOL


Todays prompt at HS:MS is plant :- A green living organism. Show us a 'plant' in your space today.


14 comments:

Jolanda said...

A little buxus. Great photo!

Caz said...

Great photo Debs! I fear I thought I was a plant killer too, till I moved to the country. Now I have a blooming (heehee) marvelous garden and loads of fruit and veg growing :)

Angela said...

This is a sweet little thing. I'm not a gardener either, so sadly I'll never have the beautiful garden full of colour that I dream of :-( I'm not even so good with tubs and hanging baskets. I forget to water them, whoops!

Joshua said...

My Mum has the same dream as you. She loves gardening but we have a concrete garden with only a few plants.

I like your photograph.

Terrie Farrell said...

My sentiments exactly, i think i just need a gardener...preferably one that's a bit hunky and goes shirtless....that's MY dream at least!

Deanne said...

Thankfully Debs you are so not on your own. My garden has the grim reaper in it, even if its in a tub.
So i cannot wait till we have our garden redesigned (prob nx yr due to rubbish weather), lawned for the boys, decked and slabbed for me and some 'hardy' shrubs!!
My mum is a great gardener, i think i'll leave it to her when buying shrubs! lol
Great pic and blog as usual x

Linda said...

Hmmmm...wish I could send some California sunshine your way, my garden is going MAD with all the sunshine and I've got tomatos everywhere.....Checked out your site, fun. Come see me some time at my blog. Have a beautiful day. Great photos by the way.

Lima said...

Hmm, my son (Joshua) knows me so well, lol!

Love your pic. :-)

Sue said...

Cute plant. I love gardening and haven't got one of these.

Sue

Diana said...

Oh Debbie I would never have believed CAZ would become a gardener and she has! Great photo.

Nat said...

Well, you can't be doing too badly, as I'd killed our little Box plant but yours looks happy and healthy! xxx

Fiona said...

Great pic Debs. And you put into words my own garden experience. We keep trying, but it just never works...

Louise said...

Why the apple deb? I always love to see your photo, they are always fab.

domestic goddess said...

lol debbie, you sound just like me, i have the garden but not the dediaction, i have the peas in their pods and tomatoes, but forget to look after them properly so its one pea and a tomatoe between the four of us!!!
hugs
xx